Strengthening Budgets and Creating Optimal Learning Environments with Floorite
Facility Services and School Maintenance for K-12 Education
K-12 Education Checklist
1. Thoroughly clean all doors and door handles.
2. Wipe down desks and chairs.
3. Clean and vacuum the floor (mop if it’s a hard floor).
4. Empty bins and replace bin bags, periodically using bleach to sanitize.
5. Clean any shared supplies such as stationery or art materials.
6. Sanitize light switches and plug sockets.
7. Clean skirting boards.
8. Ensure windows and windowsills are clean.
1. Clean and disinfect all toilets and urinals.
2. Ensure toilet paper holders are well-stocked.
3. Refill hand towels and soap dispensers.
4. Clean tiles and mirrors.
5. Wipe down sinks.
6. Sanitize doors, door handles, hand dryer buttons, and cubicle locks.
7. Mop the floor.
8. Regularly empty bins and replace bin bags, using bleach as needed.
Staff Room and Other Offices:
1. Clean doors, door handles, and cabinets.
2. Wipe down light switches, plugs, kettle, and microwave.
3. Sanitize computers, keyboards, and mice.
4. Clean tables and chairs.
5. Scrub sinks and kitchen countertops.
6. Ensure windows and windowsills are clean.
7. Wash mugs, cutlery, and food/drink utensils.
8. Vacuum and mop the floor if necessary.
Hallways, Entrances, and Gym:
1. Mop and vacuum the floors.
2. Clean doors and door handles.
3. Ensure windows and windowsills are clean.
4. Wipe down benches or seating areas.
5. Sanitize sports equipment after use.
6. Thoroughly clean changing rooms.
7. Thoroughly clean all lockers, especially the top.
Kitchen and Cafeteria Areas:
1. Regularly empty and bleach bins.
2. Mop and vacuum the floors.
3. Wipe down chairs and tabletops.
4. Clean all food preparation areas and equipment.
5. Ensure windows and windowsills are clean.
6. Sanitize doors and door handles.
7. Wash food containers, trays, and cutlery.
8. Wipe down vending machine buttons.
Key Daily Focus Areas:
1. Door handles and doors.
5. Light switches.
7. Consider floors in heavy traffic areas like hallways, entrances, and assembly halls.
Stairwells and Landings:
1. Report any burned-out light bulbs or exit signs.
2. Sweep, Mop, scrub, seal, and apply floor finish (If Requested) Extra cost may apply)
3. Wipe down doors, frames, jambs, kickplates, and glass.
4. Clean any marks on the walls.
5. Wipe down all handrails using a damp microfiber cloth.
6. Remove fingerprints, smudges, and other visible soil and dust.
7. If applicable, wipe down radiators, vending machines, etc., on the landings.
8. If applicable, wipe down radiators, vending machines, etc., on the landings.
9. Sweep or vacuum the stairs and landings.